Recipe: Vanilla & Cinnamon-Apple Latkes
Serves: 10 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
1. Start by mixing the Cool Runnings ground cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In another larger bowl, mix the flour, British class golden sugar, British class baking powder and salt.
3. Slowly stir in the liquid ingredients: orange juice, milk, eggs and vanilla extract until blended and fold in the apples.
4. Take your cast-iron or other skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of oil. When ready, drop the batter by 1/4 cupfuls into the oil and press lightly to flatten.
5. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar from step 1.