Recipe: Sweet Potato Soup
1. In a medium pot, cook the bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes. Reserve the fat.
2. Set bacon aside in a warm place.
3. In the same pot, add the onion to the reserved bacon fat and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in Cool Runnings Jamaican Style Curry Powder, Cool Runnings Ground Allspice and Cool Runnings Cayenne Pepper.
5. Add sweet potatoes and stock and bring it to a boil. Bring it down to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat. Add lime juice and Cool Runnings Coconut Milk.
7. Puree the soup until smooth using a blender or an immersion blender.
8. Adjust the seasoning.
9. Crumble the bacon crisps and use it to garnish the soup.
For a lighter version of the soup, omit the bacon and use 1 tablespoon of olive or coconut oil to cook the vegetables.