Recipe: Stuffed Potatoes
Serves: 12 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 75 minutes
6 baking potatoes
5 slices bacon (crisply cooked and crumbled)
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons of softened butter
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings All Purpose Seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and make sure that the oven rack is in the middle of the oven.
2. Use a fork to prick the potato and rub 2 tablespoons of softened butter all over potatoes. Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft when pressed.
3. Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
4. Cut the poatoes in half, lengthwise, when cool enough to touch. Remove the cooked flesh from the potato skins and leave about 1/4-inch shell of flesh and skin.
5. Place the cooked potato flesh in a large mixing bowl. Add the 1/4 cup softened butter and beat until combined. Stir in the sour cream, bacon, cheese, salt, pepper and Cool Runnings All Purpose Seasoning and beat until fluffy.
6. Spoon or pipe the potato mixture back into the potato shells and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are beginning to turn golden brown on the edges and are slightly puffed.