Recipe: Roasted Green Peas
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 90 minutes
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F and prepare a baking sheet with either parchment paper, foil or a cooking oil spray.
3. Thaw the green peas and pour off any water. Use a paper towel to gently pat them, ensuring they're as dry as possible.
4. Place peas in a mixing bowl. Add the oil and toss to coat.
5. Now add all the other ingredients and toss again.
6. Spread the peas out on your prepared sheet. Gently tamp them down with the back of a large spoon to ensure they're in a single layer. Place them on the center rack of your oven and bake for 1 hour.
7. Remove from oven and test them. If you want them very crunchy, shift them around a bit, then return to the oven for another 20 to 30 minutes. They will reduce to half their size, and should be brownish in color.
8. Allow to cool completely before covering or storing.