Recipe: Roast Turkey with Hot Mango Sauce
Thanksgiving is only a few days away, and we know what that means: turkey. And why not give it a tropical twist? Using Cool Runnings Hot Mango Sauce, your turkey will be all your guests will talk about until next Thanksgiving.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Active time: 3 hours | Servings: 8
1 whole turkey, about 12 lbs
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 lemons, quartered
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups water, vegetable, chicken or turkey broth
2 bottles (700 ml) Cool Runnings Hot Mango Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Remove neck and giblets and save it for gravy. Wash and pat turkey dry with paper towels.
Brush turkey with oil under and over the skin. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff lemons inside the cavity.
3. Fill a large roasting pan with the broth and place the turkey. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours.
4. Remove cover, brush the turkey with Cool Runnings Hot Mango Sauce and roast for another hour, applying more sauce every 15 minutes.
5. Remove turkey from the oven once the thermometer reads 180°F.
6. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes before carving.
7. Discard lemons from the cavity.