Recipe: Rice & Peas
1. In a large measuring cup, combine the liquid from the canned beans with Cool Runnings Coconut Milk. Add water to the measuring cup until it is reaches 3 ½ cups.
2. Pour the liquid into a large pot and add the green onions, thyme, full scotch bonnet pepper, Cool Runnings Rice and Peas Seasoning, kidney beans and black pepper. Bring it to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the long grain rice and butter and stir the pot once.
4. Reduce heat to low then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water has evaporated.
5. If the rice is not tender, add a bit more water (to your discretion) and simmer for another 3 minutes until cooked.