Recipe: Curry Goat
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 lbs goat meat, cut into 1.5-inch cubes
2 tbsp Cool Runnings Jamaican Style Curry Powder
2 stalks scallions (green onions), finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely diced
Fresh Thyme Leaves
1. In a bowl, toss all items in Ingredients #1 together and allow to marinate for 2 hours.
2. On medium heat, melt in a pot the British Class Coconut Oil and sauté Ingredients #1 until the goat meat is seared and browned (3-5 minutes).
3. Add the 4 cups of hot water and bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer with lid partially covering pot for 1½ hour or until goat meat is cooked to desired tenderness.
4. Add items in Ingredients #3 and cook on medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are done and until the curry sauce reduces to the desired thickness.
5. Enjoy this savoury curry on a bed of your favourite rice or with some roti.