Recipe: Blackened Cajun Shrimp Tacos
Servings: 6 | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
6 yellow corn tortillas, toasted
2 sprigs of cilantro, finely shredded
2 tbsp Cotija cheese, crumbled
1. In a small bowl, mix all salsa ingredients. Reserve.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat and melt coconut oil. Add ½ onion and sweat until translucent.
3. Add shrimp and continuously stir until the shrimp starts turning red, about 3 minutes.
4. Turn heat to high, add Cool Runnings Blackened Cajun Sauce and stir until shrimp is fully cooked, about 3 minutes.
5. Only assemble the tacos when you are ready to serve. If the salsa sits on the tortillas for too long they will become soggy.
6. To assemble the tacos, place the tortillas over the serving plate. Add salsa, shrimp, crumbled cheese and top it with cilantro.
If you don't have a griddle, toast your tortillas in a warm non-stick frying pan until they are lightly toasted.