Recipe: Gajar(Carrot) Ka Halwa
Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes
1. Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
2. Simmer in the milk with the cardamoms until liquid evaporates.
3. Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add the carrots mixture.
4. Cook over a medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
5. Stir in turbinado sugar and continue cooking until halwa turns deep reddish color.
6. Garnish halwa with dried fruits and serve.
1. Be Cautious & do not leave the gajar(carrot) halwa on the stove unattended as the milk will get scorched and burnt. you will need to constantly stir the gajar halwa.
2. Halwa's color is depend on colour of gajar(carrot) so don't worry about colour. You should focus on the recipe and taste.