Recipe: Halloweenño Poppers
5 jalapeno peppers
4 oz cream cheese softened
4 oz pepper jack cheese grated
1/4 tsp Cool Runnings garlic powder
1/4 tsp Cool Runnings onion powder
Pinch of Cool Runnings salt and pepper
20 candy googly eyes
1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Slice the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribs.
3. In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. You can also use a food processor to mix everything.
4. Fill the jalapeño pepper halves with the cheese mixture. Don't overfill or the cheese will ooze out while baking.
5. Unroll the crescent roll dough leaving the triangles together and pinching the perforations together. Cut thin strips (about 1/2 inch wide) of dough and wrap one or two pieces around each pepper half. Leave a space at the top open to insert the googly eyes when they are done.
6. Make an egg wash by combining the egg and about one tablespoon of water. Mix well. Place the mummies on your baking sheet, and brush a thin layer of egg wash on each one.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the mummies are golden brown. Remove from the oven and place the candy googly eyes in the melted cheese.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!