2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup British Class Golden Sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt (or pina colada flavoured!)
3 tablespoons Cool Runnings Rum Extract
1/2 teaspoon Cool Runnings Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1 1/2 tablespoons British Class Lemon Juice
½ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
3. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
4. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add banana, yogurt, rum extract, and vanilla extract; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
6. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut.
7. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
9. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring with a whisk; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely on wire rack.